Your trip up the mountain starts here. Secure your lift tickets today.
What does the Program include?
- Program includes lessons and lunch.
- Lunch is served in Base Camp
- Nut Free
- We will work with guests to accommodate allergies.
- Allergies should be noted in the Child Registration Profile
- EpiPens must remain with student and will be administered if necessary
- Kids can bring their own lunch if it is nut free
- Lunch is served in Base Camp
- Season Passes/Lift Tickets are not included
- Rentals and Equipment are not included
My child can’t commit to the whole season, can they come occasionally?
- Programs are designed for children that will be here every weekend, Saturday and Sunday
- Groups tend to progress at a similar rate, and missing several days will cause your child to fall behind, resulting in them needing to switch groups and potentially not having a group
- If your child will only be at Windham occasionally, sign them up for Windham Mountain Kids when they are here and able to participate.
- Windham Mountain Kids is for children ages 3 to 12, all abilities
- Windham Mountain Kids will go on sale in the Fall
Which program is right for my child?
- Start with age group
- Children MUST go in the right program for their age. Child can NOT go up an age group
- Group sizes, safety protocols, pacing, etc. are specific to the age group and having younger children in an older program creates unnecessary risk for the participants and instructor
- There are advanced groups for younger ages
- Skill Level
- Participants must be capable of riding the chairlift and making wedge turns on Green Terrain to participate in Mini Mountaineers
- Participants must be riding the chairlift and confidently turning on all Green Terrain to participate in Mountaineers
- Participants must be confident intermediates (parallel on blue terrain) for Set No Limits or Freestyle, otherwise they should go to Mountaineers
- Beginner skiers/snowboarders or those that are not independently using the lifts need to sign up for Windham Mountain Kids
Set No Limits or Junior Instructor Training Course (JITC)?
- Set No Limits is a recreational program for tweens and teens that want to ski with their friends, rip around the mountain
- JITC is for teens that are interested in becoming instructors when they are old enough and capable
My child wants to be with their friends, can we do that?
- Children will be broken into groups based on ability
- If friends/siblings are requesting to go together, they will be grouped with the younger/weaker participant and is HIGHLY discouraged
- Children MUST be registered in the same program to be in the same group
- Skiers and snowboarders CANNOT go together
My Child needs help with the chairlift…
- All students 6 and under will wear a ski school vest
- All students 6 and under must ride chairlifts with an adult
- Students 7 and older can ride chairlifts with another child if they can lower the bar safely, no children should ride alone. If you want your 7 year old to ride with an adult, this can be arranged with the instructor.
Freestyle, Competition Freestyle, or Race?
- Recreational skiing with a preference towards terrain parks, jumps, and playing on the mountain
- Competition Freestyle
- Intense terrain park and freestyle training for children motivated to compete with a longer and more intense commitment. Must become a member of USASA to compete in sanctioned events. Some local travel is offered but not required.
- Focused training for children interested in exploring gates and racing at a variety of skill levels with a season long commitment
Which Race product is right for my child? Development Team, All Mountain Team, or Race Team?
- Development Team
- Ages 7-10, must be able to ski blue runs confidently, load, ride, and unload the lift independently
- Primary focus on skill-building and fundamentals, some time in gates or training environments, participate in mini world cup races at Windham
- All-Mountain Team
- Ages 11-18, must be able to ski blue runs confidently
- This program is for those either new to racing at an older age, or those that don’t want to take the competition as seriously. Lots of all-mountain skiing, occasional gate training, participates in mini world cup races at Windham.
- Lots of social time and free skiing
- Race Team
- Ages 8-18, must receive recommendation from a coach to move from Development Team to Race Team
- More focus in training environments and race courses
- Must be a member of USSS and NYSSRA. Travel to other mountains for races is offered.
- Designed for athletes looking to improve as a ski racer
- Coach in Training or Athlete 2 Coach program
- Not available for purchase at this time
- Contact [email protected] to express interest for next season