Your trip up the mountain starts here. Secure your lift tickets today.
What do I need to know?
Windham Mountain Kids
- Please ensure you have booked the correct dates and have a valid lift ticket or season pass. Windham Mountain Kids Lesson programs do not include lift tickets.
- Windham Mountain Kids meet at Base Camp, on the bottom floor of the Lodge to the right when you walk up from the parking lot.
- Base Camp opens at 8:30am for check in and rental pick up.
- Helmets are required for all Windham Mountain Kids participants.
- Rental equipment is available inside of Base Camp for children participating in lessons. Advance reservations for rental equipment are required and can be made by purchasing the Lift, Lesson, and Rental Package for Windham Mountain Kids. Rental equipment available includes skis, poles, boots and helmets, or snowboard, boots, and helmet.
- Drop off for 3 to 6-year-olds is from 8:30am to 9:30am. Drop off for 7 to 12-year-olds is from 9:00am to 9:30am. All lessons begin promptly at 9:30am.
- All students must arrive fully dressed for skiing or snowboarding.
- Lessons end at 3:00pm. If you would like to pick your child up early, please make arrangements at the start of the day or at lunch time so we can best accommodate your request.
- Base Camp is a secure facility. Parents will not be allowed in the facility or to participate in lessons. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Lunch and Allergies
- All participants will be served a menu of hot lunch and snacks from Base Camp.
- We are a nut-free facility.
- If your child has allergies, please note it when booking your lesson. We will do our best to accommodate all allergies. If your child has severe food allergies or other dietary restrictions, we recommend they bring their own lunch. Please contact us directly with any questions or concerns.
- If you wish to pack your child a lunch for whatever reason, you are welcome to do so. Please ensure there are no nuts, and it is in a clearly labeled lunch box or bag.
- Please make sure your child is properly prepared for the day. A good night sleep, breakfast, and appropriate clothing are essential.
- Long underwear, warm layers, one pair of knee-high socks, waterproof pants and jacket, warm mittens or gloves (mittens are best for tiny hands), neck gaiter, helmet, and goggles will ensure they are prepared for the weather. Please label all clothing.
- Sunscreen and Chapstick are also important to protect their skin from winter conditions.
- Emotional preparation is important for our younger participants.
- Spend time talking with your younger children about what Windham Mountain Kids is going to be like. Make sure they understand that you will not be with them and will be back to pick them up at the end of the day.
- Explain that they will be safe, have fun, and that is ok to miss you and have fun at the same time. Please do not tell your child that you will come and collect them or that they will be able to call you as we may not be able to accommodate.
Lessons purchased online are day-specific and nonrefundable. Lessons unable to be used on the designated day of issuance at purchase may be used on another day during the 21/22 winter season. Guests will be responsible for any difference in lesson price for rescheduled days and a $35 change fee will be applied to each ticket (or once to move an entire online order in need of a change). Rescheduling of lessons must take place before the close of business the day prior to the original purchased day of use by calling 518-734-4300 x 1100 or emailing [email protected]. No “day-of” rescheduling may occur, please plan ahead. Lesson rescheduling is subject to availability. If rescheduling is not completed in the proper time frame, lessons will be considered expired. Expired lessons hold no value and will not be honored. All lessons expire at the end of the 21/22 winter season.